Renewable Energy is big business. In 2019 it accounted for 37.4% of total energy up from 33% and this is predicted to keep rising.
With that comes a huge challenge – to match to continuity and supply delivery of non-renewable fuel sources.
Due to this there is a huge amount of Control Systems & Instrumentation involved to ensure the safe and continual running of the plants. As such we are looking for a C&I Technician to join the UKs leading generator of low carbon power.
They really practise what they preach as well by being one of the few companies in the UK with a net negative carbon emission footprint.
In this role you’ll be Responsible for servicing, fault finding and repairing of control & instrumentation (C&I) systems including sensors, measuring systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), data communications equipment, supervisory control and data acquisition systems (SCADA), gas plant systems, fire & gas systems, control panels, protection systems and associated plant.
Ideally the suitable candidate will have experience within:
- Fault finding and Servicing of PLC/SCADA Control Systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation including Sensors, Measuring Systems & Protection systems
- Experience within a related industry
- Comfortable using a laptop for fault finding and reporting to a central logistics centre
- Happy to travel to sites within a localised region
- Located within the Milton Keynes, Bedford, Cambridge or Luton areas.
You’ll be part of a specialist team and will report to the Controls & Instrumentation Manager.