Control Systems Engineer
As a controls engineer you may be looking for a new role because you would like more stability. You may also be thinking that your days are often the same every day and you are pigeonholed, and you’re not being challenged as you would like. Or perhaps you are simply just looking for a change in your circumstance.
My client is a small privately owned systems integrator specialising safety-critical and process control systems within the oil and gas, petrochemical, process and utility sectors. At the start of the lockdown when many businesses were forced to furlough staff and/or make redundancies, my client was able to carry on at full capacity as they were busy and financially stable. This is a testament to how they are able to operate with much success for over 30 years. As well as providing an exciting role my client is willing fully support and fund the successful candidate to obtain functional safety professional status.
- Managing projects typically £10K – £100k in size from point of sale to installation and operation on site.
- Direct liaison with customer at a technical and commercial level
- Design of PLC based control systems
- Programming of PLC based control systems
- Some HMI/SCADA development
- Production of technical docs using word and Excel (specs, test reports, I/O lists etc.)
- Testing of control systems and fault finding
- Modification of panels (basic wiring skills)
- Ability to read and interpret tech docs such as specs, P&IDs, logic diagrams etc.
- Develop and debug comms networks over various media (Modbus, Profibus, Enet, Serial)
- Work within our quality management system
- Work within our functional safety management system
- On site commissioning and fault finding
- On site face to face customer meetings
As the role would involve travel a UK driving licence and a willingness to travel is essential.