Lead Hardware Design Engineer
You are a Lead Design Engineer that is currently frustrated, working for a company that is set in their ways. You want a different challenge because you are tired of the mundane practices and projects that you are currently involved in. You love what you do, and you have a passion for leading and developing staff, but feel your ideas are constantly getting shut down. You are looking for a progressive company that puts its people first and challenges you with a variety of different projects. If this describes you read on, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
This has been an independently owned business ever since their formation in 1987. Since being formed in 1987, they have grown and formed partnerships with well-known brands such as Siemens and Rockwell and Rittal to name a few.
This business has worked with clients from some of the world’s most recognisable brands across the Automotive, Metals, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Construction Materials, Logistics & Warehousing, Board, Paper & Tissue and Marine industries. Working here will mean that there will be a variety of projects to get involved in.
You will have overall responsibility of the Hardware Design Department, department strategy, software systems, and procedural development. You will be someone that thrives at being a player manager because you will have the opportunity to get stuck in. Because no two projects are the same, you’ll be kept on your feet with new challenges that help you to grow in your expertise.
In this business, everyone’s voice is heard and valued, so you will have a wealth of innovative ideas on how to drive change and progress to create a great working environment both yourself and your team.
- Performance bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Car allowance
- Company pension plan
- Childcare scheme
- Salary sacrifice Scheme
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
To be successful here you’ll be:
- An experienced Line Manager of an Electrical Hardware Design Team/Department
- Able to produce accurate drawings, to include but not limited to, schematic, panel layouts, system architecture and cable schedules for the projects.
- Produce drawings which are economical to the needs of the job in hand and are economical in the use of materials and methods of production available.
- Ensuring design and production standards and processes of the Hardware Design Department are observed and applied.
- A player manager who has excellent technical knowledge and skills
- Proficient in one or all the following: EPlan, AutoCAD E and Solid Works
- Someone that seeks to grow and develop both themselves and staff. You aren’t happy with just the mediocre and the mundane
- Able to work as part of a team and maintain great working relationships. You will be communicating with other teams in the business after all