Mechanical Design Enginer
Senior Design Engineer
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Key Objectives & Activities:-
- To interpret the customer’s technical requirements and produce a detailed design that will meet the specification and be within the budget allowed by the project.
- To identify and implement improvements in the performance of your duties with a view to improving the efficient operation of your department/ function and/ or the business as a whole.
- To ensure that all delivery, completion, installation and commissioning dates are met and that the control system works as per the specification and to the customer’s satisfaction. This may involve overtime, overnight stays and weekend working.
- To ensure the Project Flow process is followed and documented.
- To expedite all production resources and provide technical support for all operatives, ensuring quality assurance both during the build and on completion.
- To agree availability of production resources with the production controller or Manufacturing Manager including start dates, staffing levels and completion dates.
- To source, expedite and kit all materials in sufficient time to commence production and/or installation on the dates specified by the production schedule.
- Ability to understand and interpret British Standards and general machine requirements.Able to specify suitable safety control equipment for a given design.Provision for service routing within their designs – Electrical, Pneumatic.
- Have an awareness of various industrial control systems, control gear and their selection.
- Be able to design pneumatic systems, produce pneumatic drawings and understand how to rectify commissioning issues – Hydraulic system experience would also be useful.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Fully conversant in Solidworks. Although other design software experience will also be considered.
- To be able to work both independently with customers and suppliers to ensure the desired outcome is achieved to satisfy both specification and budgetary requirements.
- Ability to validate design selection through FEA, referenced calculations and to present this documentation at review stages.
- Able to draw upon industrial experience to validate design proposals