Mechanical Engineer – Additive Manufacturing
Hernshead is working in conjunction with KW Special Projects to find a Mechanical Engineer with experience of Additive Manufacturing – specifically Binder Jetting (Powder Bed & Inkjet) and/or Technical Ceramics.
Reporting to the Chief operating officer you will work independently as project lead on our current Innovate UK disruptive additive manufacturing project. The role will focus on leading the technical development of the new machine and process. This is a multi-partner project, with KWSP the lead partner.
We want someone who is excited by the engineering process and can apply their skills to a variety of project requirements.
The role is currently an 8 Month fixed term contract to the end of the Innovate UK project but there is potential for further work on this or other projects within the KW group.
You’ll be experienced using Solidworks for Mechanical Design & Drafting and will be required to engineer & source components/assemblies for the machine as required.
You will be communicating at a wide variety of industry levels. As a result, you will also need to demonstrate effective communication skills.
The role would appeal to someone who works best when they need to think creatively about a design solution and process development, is adaptable to project requirements and is able to work independently whilst communicating with the wider team.
Specifically, the role will involve.
- Use of CAD (Solidworks) for both scheming and technical drawing development.
- Developing concepts schemes to releasing designs for manufacturing
- Developing design specifications to meet budget requirements in terms of time and costs.
- Preparing detailed design models and drawings
- Creating and managing Bills of Materials
- Liaison with suppliers
- Project delivery Project co-ordination / management:
- Control own work to time and work within budgetary requirements / constraints
- Manage others as required
- Project reporting – development log, quarterly report generation
- Plan and estimate work and budgets
Applicants will preferably have a degree in mechanical engineering or manufacturing process discipline. We will however consider applicants with an HND in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.