Principal Engineer – Electrified Powertrain
Principal Engineer (eMachines) – Electrified Powertrain
To limit the global temperature rise to 1.5ºC, car emissions must be zero by 2050 at the latest… This means we must be selling only electric cars in the early 2030s!
The automotive industry is set to advance more in the next five years than it has in the last 100. It is a moment at which we must adapt and change to survive.
With the industry set to evolve so much in the next 5 years, this also mean our engineers will have to adapt and adjust to survive too. Why wait for the industry to change when you can make the switch first and be head of the game?
This prospect would give you the opportunity to make that jump and provide you with the chance to work on the latest driveline and transmission systems.
You would be joining a well-established company who were founded in 2007, they are expanding rapidly in both UK and US which leaves lots of room for progression too.
- The design and development activities for electric machines (induction, IPM, SPM, hybrid reluctance, SR and axial flux) across automotive, commercial transport, off-highway and aerospace sectors.
- Apply knowledge of 2D & 3D electromagnetic, thermal and mechanical design and analysis tools to optimize electric machines to best-in-class standards of performance.
- Support research into machines and associated systems to push relevant technology beyond state of the art.
- Act as knowledge source for problem solving of complex interaction issues such as NVH, control instability and EMC.
- Supervise build and test of prototype machines.
- Manage and deliver internal and external projects to a high standard within time and cost constraints.
- Manage sub-component suppliers.
- Provide direction and guidance for a growing department across the entire product development lifecycle.
- Carry out engineering tasks, executed to the highest level whilst following and developing technical processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with peers, business development and technical leaders.
- Support the business development team in the creation of technical project proposals and resourcing estimates.