KW Special Projects is a high-performance design and engineering solution provider based in Bicester at the heart of the Silverstone Technology Cluster. KWSP uses the speed and agility of the motorsport industry upon which it was founded to provide cutting-edge, on-demand design and engineering services.
By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams.
However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive & Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles.
The business are currently working on a confidential new Hypercar due to be released to the market in the coming years. Due to the size and scope of the project they are looking for a number of Motorsport/Niche Automotive experienced individuals to join the business to work on this and upcoming future positions.
One of the key positions currently is a Project Engineer. As a successful Project Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Preferable – Motorsport, automotive, low volume production experience in a similar industry
- Proven and skilled use of software, CATIA V5 and Solidworks as appropriate
- Evidence of client-facing experience
- Experience with supplier negotiation
- Create and manage project plans
- Ability to prepare specifications and deliver these within budget and on time
- Experience in drawing office procedures and ability to implement as business and project requirement develops
- Scheme and release components using – Carbon composite, metallic machining, fabrication, and additive manufacturing DFM
- Creation of engineering documentation including GDT
- Create and control engineering BOM
- Adhere to Engineering change process control
- Manage technical risks
- Express a commitment to quality and meeting customer requirements
You will have the chance to be involved in a diverse and interesting project, working alongside some very experienced engineers with backgrounds across Formula 1, Le Mans, an Automotive Unicorn and Hypercar Manufacturers.
As a company KW Special Projects is approaching it’s 10-year anniversary after spinning out from the successful KW Motorsport, founded in 2003. Last year, despite the impact of the Pandemic, KW achieved a strong financial year, along with winning a number of key projects, leaving the company in very healthy position going into 2021. This year has also seen the launch of the Digital Manufacturing Centre at Silverstone, the sister company of KW Special Projects.
Over the last 3 years the business has also taken home Gold in the New Markets category at the Motorsport Industry Association Business Excellence Awards along with two accolades at the Northamptonshire Business Awards. The judges recognised the growth of the company to a multi-million-pound Engineering operation and their first-of-a-kind transfer of proven motorsport technologies and capabilities into other sectors, including electric vehicle development, ceramics and performance sports.
If you are interested in this opportunities or would like to express your interest in bringing your Niche Vehicle or Motorsport experience to KW Special Projects, then please get in touch with [email protected]