Job Title: Project Manager
You may be a Project Manager that is being marginalized in your role and you do not have the support or pathways for progression. Maybe you are just having a browse because your current role has gone stale, and you are looking for a more dynamic role. This may be the change that you are looking for.
This business has been an independently owned business ever since its formation in 1987. Since being formed in 1987, they have grown and formed partnerships with well-known brands such as Siemens and Rockwell, and Rittal to name a few.
This business has also worked with clients from some of the world’s most recognizable brands across the Automotive, Metals, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Construction Materials, Logistics & Warehousing, Board, Paper & Tissue, and Marine industries. Working here will mean that there will be a variety of projects to get involved in.
This business believes that its people are why they are successful. Upon joining, you are encouraged to grow and develop both your technical skills and your confidence as a person with the provision of personal training and development opportunities. For example, a current employee has said that they have been supported by the company to study Electronic & Electrical Engineering at Staffordshire University.
Are you fed up with your voice not being heard? Have ideas about how to improve how things are done? Look no further. Everyone’s voice matters and you could be the one that contributes an innovative idea that improves the work lives for both you and your colleagues. This is done by having a committee that meets once a month to review the ways they do things.
Responsible to thoroughly understand, review and communicate project requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all stakeholder requirements accordingly.
- Collect all contractual obligations, commercial & technical information available from the sales & proposal stage.
- Be responsible to thoroughly understand, review and communicate stakeholder requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements accordingly to realise them for the stakeholders.
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed, provide timely feedback.
- Establish the need of resources during each stage of the project, engage with the Engineering Teams to have the proper resources available, schedule and assign all the project tasks according to the contractual obligations and customer’s expectations
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with customers and project team members.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to Directors.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalating appropriately as needed
- Facilitate productivity by ensuring that the team has tools to succeed.
- Monitor and control stage payments & costs that need to stay within contract obligations & budget limits.
- Approve payments to subcontractors and buyouts suppliers.
- Manage the documentation exchange (soft and hardware copies) as per contract keeping trace with official document list and dedicated transmittals.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals
- Secure the quality and timely delivery of goods and components through expediting activities.
- Organise and attend FAT verifying the full availability of contract goods and needed documentation and instrumentation.
- Organise and attend to site meetings and surveys with the customer.
- Responsible for the change order management, engaging also into negotiation with customers for additional price recognition.
- Follow up the project during installation and commissioning stage with particular focus on activities schedule and H&S topics.
- Obtain from the customer the signed final acceptance certificate.
- Other duties as required.
- Performance bonus scheme up to 10% of gross salary
- Private healthcare
- Car allowance
- 5% company pension plan
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- University Degree in Electrical Electronic Engineering.
- Formal qualification in Project Managing.
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project is required.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Experience as proposal/sales engineer, proposal manager, project manager, procurement manager.
- Familiarity with the Automation industry is a must.
- Willing to travel for approximately 25% of the time throughout UK, occasional overseas travel.
- Being a great team player as well as the ability to work off own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written.
- Confident and pro-active with an organised approach to work.
- Situational adaptability.
- Good problem solver.
- Hands on attitude.
- Enthusiastic and able to be relied upon.