Control Systems Engineer
Controls Systems Engineers, do you fancy working on a product that impacts futures revenues of $150+ million? What about joining a company that offers an on-site gym, café, wellness days (where the factory shuts down and staff will have a day for training and relaxation), generous annual leave with extra time off over Christmas?
We are helping one of the world’s largest drinks brands to find an innovator with a controls and automation background that can take responsibility for delivering some incredible new features and functionality for their range of products use by people and companies all around the world!
In this crucial role, you will be the go-to person for all things relating to the control systems found throughout the factory, including amongst others PLC, Programming, Networking, SCADA and software. This will include reactive and planned work, displaying a high-level team working ethic, working effectively with other technicians to problem solve across mechanical/electrical/control landscapes. Your priorities will be safety, quality, reliability, and cost. To succeed, you will need to be approachable, willing to learn and teach others, and to build close partnerships with other departments, including Operations staff, Area Managers and Production Team Leaders to match requirements and activities to resources.
- Taking ownership of and acting as the first escalation point for all control, programming, and network issues.
- Carries out Root Cause Analysis of control system problems.
- Identify and execute improvement activities related to the factory control systems.
- Act as technical expert and go-to person for the factory control systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance, risk, and obsolescence management of all control systems
- Ensure compliance with company cyber security requirements.
- Keep familiar with current safety rules and regulations.
- Proactively focus on self-development to stay at the leading edge in your field.
- Role model the Company Principles and invite others to act in an aligned manner.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned to you by a manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experienced and able to act as the first port of call for PLC control systems, networking, programming, SCADA etc.
- Demonstrable experience of technical skills and logical fault-finding processes (essential)
- Ability to carry out complex fault finding on control systems and software (essential)
- Ability to plan and manage small projects.
- Excellent team worker, able to work across multiple functions to deliver results.
- Able to communicate and interpret technical information.
- Positive approach, seeing solutions rather than problems.
- Strong work ethic and drive for results.