We are developing an innovative Recuperated Split Cycle engine for heavy duty transport and working for further development on offroad vehicles, marine and power generation applications. The ThermoPower and CryoPower engines are capable of very low emission of pollutants that affect air quality and unprecedented fuel efficiency; with sustainable fuels, this technology provides a permanent solution for sectors that find electrification most challenging, while offering rapid pay-back and cost savings to the operator. Now fully funded, the company has accelerated its activities, with running prototype hardware.
A small dedicated in-house technical expert team has been in place, developing know-how and IP in unique aspects of the engine. Following the acquisition by FPT, a multi-cylinder Mule engine has been commissioned, and is now in testing. We must now deliver an agile program of design upgrades for the Mule to meet its performance targets, and design a cheaper, more integrated engine for first vehicle installation. This position will support the Design Chief Engineer in developing those design upgrades and concepts.
- Technical responsibility for conceptual and detail design of components, assemblies and systems
- Co-ordination with suppliers to establish solutions, develop designs and release drawings for prototype manufacture
- Co-ordination with simulation engineers, or running of own simulations, to refine concepts and embrace design changes indicated by analysis
- Supporting engineering partners and academic institutions in delivering test programs
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Supporting the Technical Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Engineering graduate with minimum 7 years’ experience of internal combustion engine design, systems technology and engineering
- Proficiency in CAD. Deep Knowledge of PTC Creo and PLM is an advantage, but not essential
- Fluent in supporting the design using spreadsheets calculation and guidelines
- Fluent in using FEA, 1D & 3D CFD and thermodynamics knowledge, is an advantage, but not essential
Has SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges