Job Title: Buyer
Employment Status: Permanent
Line Manager: Purchasing Manager
Standard Working Hours: 37.50 hours per week
Salary Range: £DOE
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Enhanced Paternity Pay, Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.
We are currently recruiting a Buyer to join the Purchasing department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By- Sea, they will provide functional support to the Procurement Team within a fast-paced Manufacturing Facility.
Over the last 13 years, this company have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising new product. Since 2007, this company has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the new product is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
Job Function & Responsibilities
- Priority will be to ensure supplier quality and reliability of parts into the facility, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers
- To manage the piece part price on Epicor to ensure that all purchase orders raised and presented for sign off are presented to the correct value
- As required – Issue out NDA’s and maintain the NDA register
- Maintain the programme BoM’s with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain timings
- Promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with Suppliers to foster feedback and Continuous Improvement
- Manage Suppliers, Cost, Quality, and Delivery Performance
- To manage Supplier Contracts making sure they remain relevant, in date and compliant with any regulations and laws and to ensure a process of annual Contract reviews is in place and undertaken
- Assist with Supplier Rationalization activities to streamline spend
- Advise & assist the Purchasing Team where necessary on a day-to-day basis
- To identify new Suppliers, negotiate and when necessary, place Purchase Orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by Suppliers
- Experience of Epicor ERP system would be advantageous
- Full Current Driver’s License
- Enthusiastic, resilient, with a high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
- Excellent commercial/contractual/negotiation/skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Time management – able to self-organize the work content
- Ability to travel – Mainly UK Europe
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of purchasing and procurement experience
- CIPS qualified or part qualified preferred but not essential
- Automotive Quality Process experience – APQP/PPAP
- Basic Engine/ Engineering experience required
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Manufacturing experience & awareness
- Proven ability to self-manage & deliver on time to budget
- Excellent Inter-personal skills to build relationship internally & externally
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Reliable and flexible in their approach
Why this company?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team. Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry.