CMM Programmer/ Operator
Do you want to work in a state of the art facility in a stable and growing business?
Our client can offer you that and more. Based in Portsmouth they are a large manufacturing company specialising in composites and polymers with a 350,000sq foot production site looking to grow their team of CMM Programmer/ Operators in their polymer department. Over the past couple decades they have turned into a leading, award winning player in their field and worked with some of the world’s most prestigious brands such as Gordon Murray, Mclaren and other supercar businessses.
In this role day to day you will be taking responsibility for the programming, measurement and documentation of new plastic components, model board patterns, tooling, jigs and fixtures. You will also be performing 1st off/last off and production inspection of manufactured components.
- Performing all necessary measurement activities to support PPAP activities (ISIR, MSA and Capability studies)
- Reviewing, interpreting and communicating inspection results to support development and production teams in the decision making of changes required to ensure the accurate manufacture of components
- Supporting new product introduction teams with drawing, fixture and measurement reviews to ensure achievable and accurate production
- Flexibility to carry out other duties required in line within business needs
Skills and Experience:
- Measuring and reporting dimensional matters on complex injection-moulded or metallic components as required by quality management system and client specifications
- In depth and extensive knowledge of GD&T and recognised drawing standards (ISO 1101, ASME Y 14.5, BS 8888)
- Programming and operating CNC CMM using PC DMIS (essential)
- ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2009 or AS9100D quality management systems
- Working with capability studies, Gauge R&R, MSA & SPC & with automotive quality requirements and PPAP
- Completion of GD&T training course preferred & of AIAG core tools of MSA & SPC preferred
- NPL training/qualification preferred
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch below!