Senior IT & SCADA Engineer
Senior IT and SCADA Engineer
Peak Technology Solutions, part of the Edwin James Group, is a leading System Integrator deploying Industrial Control and Automation Solutions in the Food & Beverage, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Utilities sectors.
Peak Technology Solutions employ over 60 Control Systems Engineers and has offices in Warrington, Reading, Newcastle, Burton-upon-Trent & Chesterfield.
Due to growth within the business, following the exciting acquisition by the Edwin James Group and a number of upcoming projects the business is looking for a Senior IT & SCADA Engineer.
Due the changing industrial landscape and the advancement of Industry 4.0 we have a requirement for a Senior IT & SCADA Engineer to support the evolving needs of the business. These projects typically involve AVEVA System Platform and you would lead the company’s usage of this across industrial projects.
The focus for the role is as follows:
- To support technically across the company portfolio of projects to overcome technical challenges, assist with new product implementation, provide specialist knowledge for specialist aspects of the projects, and provide Front End Engineering Design solutions.
- To develop knowledge of products/technologies and transfer knowledge to others.
- To support business development with technical demonstration/proposal of new product and technologies
- To undertake consultancy assignments
You’ll be motivated to understand new technology and associated thinking and apply this to our industry projects.
The environment Peak operate and promote is unique within the automation community:
- Roles are tailored around the skillsets and career objectives of the individuals
- Opportunities for the right people to operate very autonomously within given accounts (including technical authority, commercial management)
- Consultancy opportunities
- No cumbersome management and internal policies, everyone in the business is a professional engineer
- Modern working environment, recognising individual needs
Peak Technology Solutions’ customers range from exciting small R&D product development companies to UK’s leading blue-chip companies and process contractors. We are very active in the Utilities, Water, Food, Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing and Chemical sectors.
Our customers include PepsiCo, Thames Water, Kellogg’s, Pfizer.
The people that suit the environment at Peak Technology Solutions are high calibre self-starters interested in the learning and development of new technologies. This isn’t for everyone and if you prefer focusing on one small element of a project for a large team or organisation, we’re probably not for you.
The project solutions will focus on Intelligent IT & SCADA systems for Automation projects and will encompass:
- Detailed use of Aveva System Platform
- Real time applications
- Historian and Reporting
- MES Systems and Manufacturing Analytics
- SQL Databases
- OS and System Administration
- Web and Mobile Technologies
- Network Design & Cybersecurity
- Object Oriented Programming
- Virtualisation (VMWare, HyperV)