Eggs, sausages, bacon and a coffee… some of the main components of the perfect breakfast, right?
This might look like the beginning of a breakfast shopping list and you’re probably wondering what this has to do with an advert for a Design Engineer… but bear with me…
Unfortunately, these are also some of the worst foods for the environment due to the high emissions created by transportation, farming and feeding that is involved within the process. I know we can’t help with every single part of the method involved but even a little help could make big difference.
The high emissions are particularly due to the farming and transportation of these goods, even down to the average family travelling to the supermarket to do their weekly shop. This is mainly because of the petrol and diesel used within the two steps mentioned. Powertrains are one of the main components within vehicles whether it be passenger cars, commercial vehicles or the large engines within agricultural vehicles/machines and this company offering this opportunity is looking to develop a greener and safer way for these vehicles to operate through development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems.
You have the opportunity to be part of a company who currently have around 11,500 employees (plus 70 years of experience) and are still growing. This is because not only do they want to make the world more sustainable but they also value their employees and believe into turning visions of the future into reality.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Graduate / Junior / Senior Engineer to join our thriving Design Department. This is an opportunity to play a crucial part in the development of modern powertrain systems. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, sign-off and release of powertrain components.
- Perform concept studies and layouts, as well as detailed component design, modelling and drawings.
- Assist engineers in relaying design intent to suppliers.
- Support in establishing component and/or system characteristics, attributes, and requirements
- Support component design evolution.
- Liaise with analysis teams to coordinate changes
- Support in analysis of energy-transfer & packaging interfaces with neighboring components and/or systems
- Liaise with component engineer and other designers to resolve design conflicts
- Manage own workload to ensure program milestones are met on-time
- Support design reviews and management reviews
- Support powertrain / propulsion system architecture set up
- Perform geometrical integration of the powertrain components and / or systems
- Occasional travel to global suppliers may be required
- Support client project discussions
- Demonstrate & promote the company’s competences and services within client teams
- Degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Mechatronics Engineering or similar (min 2:1)
- Good understanding of vehicle/powertrain system and component requirements (ICE, e-machines, hybrid systems, battery systems, etc)
- Knowledge of GD&T and different manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge/Experience in CAD tools such as Catia, NX or equivalent.