Design Engineer – Accessories
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with stylists during the concept phases of new model projects.
- Produce vehicle equipment upgrade schemes on 3D CAD (PTC Creo).
- Create fully detailed technical drawings to BS 8888 & the latest industry standards.
- Produce completed designs with full consideration given to the:
- Heat Treatment
- Surface Finish
- Geometric Tolerances
- Manufacturing method
- Duty & strength calculations
- Corrosion resistance
- Ease of assembly & component clearances
- Compliance with internal procedures and Homologation requirements
- Release components and kits through the internal design change system.
- Liaise closely with other departments and external suppliers.
- Create and update bill of materials lists (BOM).
- Document test work, design decisions and engineering justifications in the form of technical reports.
- Use computer programs and advanced analysis for initial validation investigations such as Finite Element Analysis.
- Attend and contribute to specialist Engineering working groups to develop and share best practice where appropriate.
- Undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.