Design & Release Engineer
We are looking for experienced powertrain engineers to manage the entire design and development of engine components and systems from concept to production, starting with functional targets and specifications, through to working with suppliers to design, test and validate. You will be resolving quality and durability issues and applying computer aided engineering (CAE) tools to deliver optimized designs for cost, weight and function, using DOE, FMEA, Parameter Design, and DVP&R's whilst interfacing with suppliers to industrialize and launch components.
- Technical responsibility for conceptual and detail design of components, assemblies and systems
- Co-ordination with suppliers to establish solutions, develop designs and release drawings for prototype manufacture
- Co-ordination with simulation engineers, or running of own simulations, to refine concepts and embrace design changes indicated by analysis
- Initiate design and package reviews
- Ensure DVP analysis and testing requirements are completed to reach design release milestones
- Lead system issue resolution using quality problem solving tools such 8D’s
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Hold APQP meetings during the development phase
- Supporting the Technical and Engineering Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Engineering graduate with 1-5 years’ experience of internal combustion engines
- Fluent in engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experience releasing components at an OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Experience of using CAD PTC Creo and PLM is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of using FEA, 1D & 3D CFD simulation is an advantage.
- Experience using DFMEA to identify and rate risks and build a robust DVP&R.
- Has SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business