Engineer/Senior Engineer – Electrical Electronic Components (Contract)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of Electrical Electronic Components for use in chassis, powertrain, RESS, electric drivelines, suspension systems, HMI’s etc.
- Specify, influence, verify and validate components to meet all higher-level system and safety requirements, environmental standards (thermal, ingress and vibration etc.), EMC regulations and legal requirements etc.
- Identify and resolve application problems / project risks at component and motorcycle level.
- Define and meet quality / cost targets and manage delivery of components to support NMIP.
- Elicit and manage hardware requirements and provide support to FuSa (e.g. diagnostic coverage and safety case generation), systems, software/ modelling teams.
- Identify current best practice and emerging technological advances and feed into appropriate working groups / departments.
- Generate / participate in FTA and FMEA generation / review.
- Develop hardware and full motorcycle architectures to maximise hardware commonality and actively control variants by utilising MBSE tools.
- Generate and peer review design decision sheets, procedures and tests requirements.
- Closely support prototype and production build phases to ensure electrical issues are identified and resolved promptly.
- Regular liaison with product planning, project managers, manufacturing departments, quality, compliance and chassis / powertrain / ECS/ EDS / FuSa teams.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components.
- Generate procedures, technical reports, specifications, and drawings for both internal and external stakeholders, to tight deadlines to facilitate controlled information flow and progression of the project design and development activities.
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practice, efficiency improvements, MBSE tool requirements etc.