Engineering Manager – Development & Test
To limit the global temperature rise to 1.5ºC, car emissions must be zero by 2050 at the latest… This means we must be selling only electric cars in the early 2030s!
The automotive industry is set to advance more in the next five years than it has in the last 100. It is a moment at which we must adapt and change to survive.
With the industry set to evolve so much in the next 5 years, this also mean our engineers will have to adapt and adjust to survive too. Why wait for the industry to change when you can make the switch first and be head of the game?
This prospect would give you the opportunity to make that jump and provide you with the chance to work on the latest driveline and transmission systems.
You would be joining a well-established company who were founded in 2007, they are expanding rapidly in both UK and US which leaves lots of room for progression too.
- Ensure smooth running of all Development and Test projects
- Report project progress to plan – mitigate project risks and implement recovery actions as required
- Ensure external requirements, e.g., external facilities, lease/purchase of hardware are planned and are on track.
Resource planning and coordination
- Manage resource requirements for all projects within the function and maintain resource tracking documentation
- Identify external resource needs and manage resource requests
- Day to day responsible for workload allocation within the function
- Resolve resource (people and/or rigs) conflicts when required
Hardware resource planning
- Develop understanding of rig capability and flexibility
- Manage rig and equipment resource allocation to ensure maximum rig utilization
- Ensure the most appropriate rig is employed based on project requirements whilst maintaining flexibility
- Oversee fixture design and test cell layout. Manage and maintain the test cell CAD database
- Perform test and development activities including test and software set up, test execution and data analysis to ensure high quality delivery of test programs
- Where appropriate, undertake Project Management role; leading a project team to deliver a successful project outcome; from both technical and commercial perspectives
- Where appropriate, undertake Project Director role on projects within the function and be accountable for their outcome
- Working with the Chief Technical Specialist oversee project planning and ensure the following are successfully executed:
- Prepare test plan and specifications
- Specify test rig requirements including instrumentation and fixture tooling
- Specify and prepare data logging equipment, instrumentation and wiring requirements
- Support DFMEA reviews
- Ownership of Development and Test quality processes and systems
- Continuous improvement of quality processes and systems
- Internal auditing of quality processes and systems
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement initiatives within the Development and Test function
- Ensure learning from projects is captured and embedded into the quality processes and systems