Senior Control Systems Engineers and Control Systems Engineers looking for a new opportunity, look no further. If you have found that you have hit a ceiling in your progression apply below. Perhaps there are no opportunities for training and development and your growth is being stunted, I invite you to apply below. If you have experience in leading a team, managing projects and would like to develop your skills in that area, read through and apply below.
I am working with a client who is an established market leader in control system integration market. They pride themselves in developing their people and nurturing talent is at the heart of what they do. They invest in their staff by providing structured learning and training development plans. They also help their engineers to achieve formal qualifications relevant to the sector they work within. Their supportive approach aims to push their engineers to be their best and contribute by providing an excellent service to their clients.
- SI Commissioning Engineer in Automation / Control Projects (PLC/SCADA).
- Working extensively within the Water Industry both in the office and on site.
- Reporting to the S.I Manager.
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are followed and that RAMS are prepared for all projects requiring site works.
- Working closely with our key clients to ensure their requirements are understood / met.
- Site surveys to evaluate system requirements and interfaces.
- Testing and commissioning of ICA and PLC based control systems including Profibus and industrial Ethernet.
- Testing and commissioning of motor control equipment including DOL’s, VSD’s and Simocode.
- Testing and configuration of PLC, HMI and SCADA packages, cFAT, SAT and site based commissioning.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in a systematic and controlled manner ensuring high levels of Client satisfaction.
- Report on progress to Manager highlight any concerns, / issues and opportunities of further work.
- Liaise closely and develop a good working relationship with the client / end user.
- The nature of this work is such that the Job Holder could be the sole representative for Boulting on site, therefore the Job Holder must be capable of managing his/her time and projects with minimum support.
- The workload is unpredictable and usually has imposed deadlines therefore the Job Holder must possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to often work under considerable time pressures.
- The Job Holder should have a good working knowledge of System Integration (PLC based systems), with sufficient knowledge of processes within the water industry to commission control systems.
- Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, clients requirements and ‘best' engineering practice.
- PLC / SCADA / HMI configuration, testing and commissioning.
- Instrumentation configuration, testing and commissioning.
- Network / communication design, configuration and commissioning.
- Ensure adherence to quality systems.
- Introduce latest developments/practices where appropriate.
- HNC/Degree qualified in relevant engineering subject.
- 5yrs min experience in system integration environment.
- Water industry experience highly desirable.
- Siemens PLC family experience highly desirable.
- Legacy PLC experience desirable.
- Profibus and Ethernet, communications. experience highly desirable.
- Siemens WinCC SCADA experience desirable.
- Siemens HMI experience desirable.
- ABB/Siemens drives experience desirable.