EC&I Support Engineer
Are you an Electrical Controls and Instrumentation engineer or a Controls Support Engineer who is looking for a new role? We are currently working with a company who are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Their polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Their business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2018 revenues of more than £1.6 billion, their robust financial performance ensures that they are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. Our client employs 2900 people across 25 sites, their headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
Purpose of the Job:
Support the site’s electrical and automation engineer with managing ongoing improvement and maintenance in electrical and automation systems and projects.
- Private health insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Support counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Assist with ensuring compliance with all Safety, Health & Environment standards, and requirements.
- Assist with any maintenance repairs as required.
- Ensuring works, including sub-contracted jobs, are being delivered in a safe and cost-effective way.
- Create and update electrical and instrumentation diagrams from existing installations as required.
- Participate in the site’s equipment and functional standards and requirements creation and update.
- Participate in project scope definition. (Gather requirements, create technical specifications, etc).
- Assist with maintaining electrical compliance on site.
- Assisting the I&E Engineer with technical evaluations and investigations of incidents, near misses, I&E component, or system failures
Knowledge and Skills:
- 18th Edition or above certificate.
- Maintenance and modification of the site DCS and ESD systems, under the guidance of I&E Engineer. This will require the jobholder to develop a high level of skill in numerous engineering configuration software packages.
- Ability and experience with hands on work in electrical installations.
- Ability and experience to carry out electrical components and protection selection.
- Knowledge and experience in Hazardous Area work (COMPEX)
- Dynamic, solution focused and self-driven.
- Pragmatic and achievement focused.
- Team player
- Experience in trouble shooting and selection of industrial instrumentation.
- Experience in creation and update of electrical drawings.
- Ability to carry out electrical circuit testing.