From creating the latex gloves that have been invaluable during the COVID-19 crisis to making sure your house is insulated and keeping you warm Emulsion Polymers play a key part in everyday life.
As an industry it’s integral to daily life which gives you some explanation as to why this company is worth £1.46 billion and employ 4,750 people worldwide.
If it’s job security you’re looking for then this is right up there.
A key role within those 4,750 people is the plant engineers. They’re responsible for Mechanical Engineer Support and delivering CAPEX projects at their Harlow site.
In this role you’ll:
- Provide a specialist expertise in Mechanical Engineering
- Advise and assist in the maintenance and procurement of mechanical and plant equipment
- Liaise with external contacts concerning supply of equipment or problems with existing plant
- Support CAPEX projects as the discipline expert and/or Project Manager
- Take initiative in improvement of plant equipment standards in safety, reliability, functionality and record keeping
- Keep abreast of technical developments in plant and equipment relevant to the company’s interests and activities
- Assimilate knowledge of new installations and recommend spares requirements necessary to take over maintenance of new equipment
- Administer and enforce company SHE policy and procedures within area of responsibility
- Provide technical support and assistance to the maintenance team to ensure maximum on-stream time for the production plants
Ideally you’ll have:
- Experience in chemical, process or allied industries of Mechanical engineering
- Sound knowledge of industrial plant and systems gained through several years in the chemical processing or related industry
- Strong organisational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive in problem-solving and be able to independently manage timelines and priorities
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and Excel
- Self-motivation, initiative, a proactive approach and the ability to work effectively within a team