Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Working within an established highly skilled team, to provide corrective and scheduled preventative Maintenance support within our automotive manufacturing and R&D Facility. The position requires ‘hands on’ strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Role & Responsibilities
• Breakdown response for machine tools and assembly and test machines.
• Fault finding, rectification, modification and development of machinery as necessary.
• Liaise with internal and external supplies in sourcing service engineers, spares etc.
• Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
• Identify and monitor trackside spares for your areas. Keep an up to date record of required parts
• Understand and identify required spares. Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
• Team player, the ability to work closely with other members of the maintenance team.
• Use of CMMS for maintenance handovers and asset traceability.
An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes
Experience in maintaining, repairing and developing machinery.
Hydraulic and Pneumatic fault finding
Structured approach to problem solving
Capable of reading Engineering and schematic drawings
Basic electrical skills (Motor disconnection/connection, Contactors and sensor replacement)
Welding Mig, Tig and Arc
Workshop skills (Turning, Milling, Grinding and bench fitting)
Educated to HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Fork truck licence
IOSH or NEBOSH qualified