Powertrain Control Engineer
Are you a strong believer in making the world a more sustainable place? Is your current company moving in the right direction to make the world more energy efficient and cleaner?
If you can’t answer the second question, then my guess would be they’re not taking the right steps in helping the environment… now ask yourself, how long will this be sustainable?
Do you want to be within a company who are falling behind while others are doing better for the environment?
With all this being said, I think we all know the direction the world is going in.
Whether this is something you agree with or not… it’s going to happen. So, if you are an engineer who is within a company not doing its part, why wait for them to make the change?
With this opportunity it would allow you to work for a company who has a clear vision of a clean, energy-efficient world. They have already reduced their carbon intensity by 28% since 2015 and 85% of their revenue in 2020 came from electric and emissions-reducing hybrid and combustion products, which show the difference they are making.
Not only will you be joining a company with a clear vision and goal, but they are also one of the largest in the industry with over 50,000 employees across 99 locations in 24 countries which provides a great path for both personal and professional development.
We are looking to hire a Control Engineer to join us on a full-time basis to support our Powertrain development teams in Gillingham. We are looking for suitably qualified engineers to design, implement and test control functions on various platforms including vehicle, engine dyno and Hardware-In-the-Loop systems.
- Develop advanced control algorithms within an automotive environment for engine and vehicle systems.
- Perform test and calibration activities to meet customer/legislative requirements
- Use of modelling and simulation tools
- Keep abreast of new technologies and automotive market trends
- Travel to customer sites or other BorgWarner technical centres to present algorithm designs and in-house control system functions
- Automotive powertrain knowledge
- Experience/education in control algorithm design/development
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink for algorithm design and/or plant modelling
- Experience using calibration tools such as INCA
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Clean driving license
- Familiarity with powertrain testing and associated control systems
- Hardware-In-the-Loop systems experience e.g. D-Space