Lead Project Engineer – Control Systems
The UK’s leading provider of Airfield Services to both Military and Civil Airfields in the UK and International market place is looking to appoint a Senior Project Engineer due to existing growth.
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the project management in the delivery airport control systems projects. You will also be the first contact for Siemens PLC issues and design. Working individually or as part of the team the Primary responsibilities of the role are to ensure that the Control System is designed for the project, is ‘fit-for-purpose’ and adheres to the customers user specification, project budget and schedule.
- Interpreting clients' requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- Responsible for the production of Project Documentation including Functional Design Specifications, Project Specific Drawings, Design Risk Assessments, Test Procedures, Operator / Maintenance manuals and Training manuals.
- Responsible for the system configuration, including PLC code and SCADA configurations to meet project requirements. Identifying any functionality changes to be made to core software or core PLC code
- Assist installation team / contractor on site to ensure equipment is installed to meet the required system functionality
- Carry out system commissioning on site in UK and overseas to pre defined commissioning tests to ensure that the system performs on site to client requirements.
- Assist when requested in the Sales support for Control Systems including the preparation of pre-qualification documents, quotations and tender returns as required.