Manufacturing Quality Technician
Want to be a part of revolutionising the marine industry? Have a passion for developing new technology?
This company based on the south coast in Shoreham-By-Sea is looking for a Manufacturing Quality Technician Grade A to join the Quality department.
Why this company?
With this company you will be working to deliver a new innovative concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines within a fast-paced manufacturing facility. This company's goal is to be recognised as the brand that powers the future of the global marine industry, through sustainable innovation. Having begun production in May 2020, the new product is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures
- Completion of required checks/inspections to the highest quality standard & comfortably within takt time
- Support Production team by maintaining throughput, safety and quality standards across the shift when completing checks/inspections & other relevant MQA activities
- Diligently work towards being fully trained and competent, such that you obtain a complete knowledge of the product and PDI process
- Identify non-conformances, utilising knowledge of the product and QC/PDI process, seeking relevant support from other functions when necessary
- To promptly escalate issues to the MQ-Team Leader when unable to resolve independently
- Support continuous improvement and problem resolution activities if required
- The daily completion of 5S activities & visual management activities
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents
- 3+ years of experience in general assembly work
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule & work a shift pattern when required
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Appreciation of logistics storage & handling processes (e.g. FIFO)
- Lean Sigma Yellow Belt is an advantage
- Experience with a wide variety of hand tools, lift assists and production equipment
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus
- Fork-lift licence for transfer of parts located on warehouse racking
- Flexible working from home
- 25 days + bank holidays annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Paternity Pay
- Free Parking on-site
Get in touch to be a part of this revolutionary company!