Since 2009 their focus has been the pursuit of a meticulously restored and reimagined air-cooled Porsche 911. Their lofty objective to distil, enhance and recombine the strands of greatness that have long marked the Porsche 911 as iconic.
Today, the cars they restore to bespoke commission for their global clientele appear in the world’s most prestigious global automotive shows and publications.
The Company was formed in 2009 to explore the creative possibilities within the vibrant world of the classic automobile. They are dedicated to the passionate study, preservation and optimisation of the world’s most respected high-performance vehicles.
There are no shortcuts to achieve this. Every detail is considered and finessed. The highest standards of execution and finish reflect our company’s quest for excellence in all areas.
The vehicle takes their obsession for detail and quality to the highest level seen yet on a product. Their philosophy remains Everything is Important.
Within this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of suppliers, building relationships and ensuring the supplier is meeting the schedule of the build plan and the materials arrive on time. You will also be responsible for ensuring the supplier is keeping the warehouse to an agreed level.
- Schedule and control the supply of materials and components to meet the build plan requirements
- Manage stock levels, assessing and monitoring the volume requirements against planning assumptions and agreed targets
- Implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to workshop where required
- Interpret the master schedule to create material demand and plan material supply
- Day-to-day order management and overall management of deliveries
- Understand and manage the risks to minimise impact on the build plan schedule
- Carry out actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Actively contribute to the development and support of material planning processes and benchmarking against best practice, reviewing ways to make continuous improvements
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets, supporting continuous improvement initiatives and identifying areas of improvement
- Ensure any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) is accurate and up to date and resolve issues as required
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials and manage inventory accuracy
- Create and update statistical reports and analysis
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate materials to the build schedule efficiently as and when required
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver effective solutions
- Create and issue forecasts to suppliers, as well as developing good relationships with suppliers to ensure demand for materials is made and deliveries made on time
- Design, develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives
- Support assessment and sourcing of suppliers and resolve supplier concerns, evaluating supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met
- A good understanding of supply chain management or expert knowledge of specialist area
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and automotive processes and components would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar
- Previous experience of materials planning and managing the smooth supply of materials in line with production requirements and budget