Mechanical Design Engineer
Wire Belt Company Ltd
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Perhaps you’re looking to join a company with a low staff turnover and excellent benefits?
A Mechanical Design Engineer is required for the UK’s most trusted manufacturer of metal conveyor belting and conveyors. The company have been running for over 60 years and are continuing to strive towards their vision of being the most preferred, respected and trusted metal belt company in the world.
- Design and develop new conveyors, conveyor equipment and robotic cells to assist with the development of production equipment and add to the company’s bespoke range of machinery.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the company’s existing products including bespoke production machinery, tooling and processes on a project basis.
- Produce CAD drawings and technical records required by the quality and company procedures for conveyor and accessory projects, whilst constantly striving to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Contribute to the ongoing automation of processes as required.
- Assist Technical Sales with customer enquiries as required.
- A degree/HNC in engineering or equivalent workshop/design experience.
- Strong 2D – 3D CAD modelling experience
- Industry experience in the manufacture of food processing equipment, small parts machinery and sheet metal fabrication applications is desirable.
- Hygienic design experience would be advantageous along with any machine building experience.
- The successful candidate must also have strong communication skills as well as strong practical problem solving and fault-finding skills.