Motor Control Research Engineer
One man… one garage… the end goal? The world’s fastest electric car. Their current challenge? To find the best Motor Control Research Engineer who are as excited as they are to be part of this journey.
This client has beaten all odds despite enormous challenges and an impossibly ambitious vision. They now stand at 1300 people strong and are continuing to grow. As they have already proved what they are capable of through the challenges they have faced, they now have great potential to grow way beyond what they originally believed is possible.
Imagine having the freedom to come up with innovative concepts with no limits and then seeing your concept be brought to life. This opportunity will give you the freedom to do just that whilst also allowing you to work in a fun and fast paced environment.
As a key member of the Research and Advanced Engineering team, the individual will be working on highly innovative, cutting-edge electric drive units. The individual will be responsible for developing and testing proof-of-concept prototype drive units. Following prototype validation, the projects will be largely handed over to other teams to continue development into mass production, however the Research and Advanced team will continue to support as required.
The individual will be directly responsible for the following activities:
- Inverter software development, including motor control algorithms for advanced inverter and motor topologies such as multi-level inverters.
- System modelling and simulation
- Using optimization algorithms with test automation to quickly test multiple hypotheses and converge on an optimal solution
- Defining and overseeing hardware-in-the-loop and dyno testing
- Refining control alorithms and calibration based on simulation and test data.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data
- Exploration of new, advanced motor control techniques
The individual will be indirectly responsible for supporting:
- Inverter hardware design, development and integration
- Test rig development
With a company of this stature, of course you get great benefits along with the confidence and stability of working for a well-respected business. Benefits include health insurance, 1.30pm finish on a Friday, flexible working (up to 2 days from home) and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Most importantly, it’s not often you get the chance to work so closely on a multi-million-pound hypercar, let alone the world’s fastest electric hypercar so imagine having that on your resume!