Motor Research Team Lead
One man… one garage… the end goal? The world’s fastest electric car. Their current challenge? To find the best Motor Research Team Lead who are as excited as they are to be part of this journey and join the team in Croatia.
This client has beaten all odds despite enormous challenges and an impossibly ambitious vision. They now stand at 1300 people strong and are continuing to grow. As they have already proved what they are capable of through the challenges they have faced, they now have great potential to grow way beyond what they originally believed is possible.
Imagine having the freedom to come up with innovative concepts with no limits and then seeing your concept be brought to life. This opportunity will give you the freedom to do just that whilst also allowing you to work in a fun and fast paced environment.
As a key member of the Research and Advanced Engineering team, the individual will be working on highly innovative, cutting-edge electric drive units. The individual will be responsible for developing and testing proof-of-concept prototype drive units. Following prototype validation, the projects will be largely handed over to other teams to continue development into mass production, however the Research and Advanced team will continue to support as required.
The key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Lead development of ultra-high performance motor prototypes, utilizing cutting-edge technologies, through to prototype validation.
- Perform electromagnetic, thermal and mechanical analysis to evaluate innovative concepts and then optimise chosen solutions.
- Responsible for overseeing a small team of engineers to support the design, development and testing.
- Ensure alignment between all team-members and promote cross-functional teamwork
- Responsible for the success of the team in meeting development targets and project milestones
- Define technical resource requirements for successful project execution
- Supplier selection and management
- Definition and execution of a test plan to validate prototype developments
- Support the development of the company’s long-term product strategy
- Support investment planning for the equipment and testing facilities
With a company of this stature, of course you get great benefits along with the confidence and stability of working for a well-respected business. Benefits include health insurance, relocation support, free accommodation for the first month, assistance with transport costs, 25 days holiday + 10 days national holiday (Also added holiday, depending on seniority) and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Most importantly, it’s not often you get the chance to work so closely on a multi-million-pound hypercar, let alone the world’s fastest electric hypercar so imagine having that on your resume!