Control Systems Engineer
Ever wanted to join an award-winning team that strives to do the best for its employees and customers? With legendary Christmas parties, summer events and fundraising activities you will be joining a culture that supports you in striving for the best whilst also helping to make sure you enjoy what you do. That being said it’s not a secret as to why there are some current employees who have been a part of the team for over 10 years.
Established in 2001 and celebrating its 20th birthday this year, this company is a £20 million turnover, privately owned business, employing 80 people in its purpose-built head office buildings. The company provides award-winning coding and labelling technologies and associated turnkey engineering services to a wide variety of markets including food, e-commerce and pharmaceutical.
The company has had a successful 2020 despite difficult market conditions and is on a growth path in 2021, with projects to develop new technology and enter new markets making this an exciting time to join the business. The company has a fantastic team spirit and a real culture of togetherness in achieving their goals.
- Training and professional memberships/accreditations.
- Flexible working.
- Bupa healthcare package including Bupa cash plan.
- 26 days annual leave.
- Free onsite and secure parking.
- Electrical car charging points.
- System and solution design and build for a range of projects.
- Selection and configuration of the specified products to meet the design brief.
- Identification and design of the communication, power and integration points.
- Identify software architecture or bespoke software engineering that may be required and undertake software programming to ensure system can be fully integrated into customer parent machine / line.
- Manage the creation, documentation and execution of; internal and client-based testing, system installation, commissioning, user training and customer support.
- Provide technical and manufacturing information to production teams including details for non-standard products and services.
- Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or another technical / engineering subject.
- Proven experience of working in a project engineering environment delivering a variety of technical projects.
- Experience writing bespoke programs using ladder and structured text
- Background and experience in designing technical solutions and systems integration inclusive of both hardware and software architecture. · Industry knowledge and experience from the packaging / material handling industry.
- Able to undertake and manage bespoke software creation using programming tools for automation devices (such as PLC’s or similar).
- Experience in using AutoCAD / Inventor Electrical to design systems including communication and power.
- Experience writing software using C++ and Visual Basic.