Engineer – Model Based Control Software
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle design of control systems software for use in chassis, powertrain, suspension, HMI or electric powertrain systems etc.
- Elicit and manage software requirements, implement, verify and validate designs.
- Review logical architectures, system requirements from the MBSE team, FuSa requirements from the Functional Safety team and convert these to software architectures and software solutions.
- Peer review software architectures and software solutions.
- Maintain traceability of software units on our MBSE Tools to blocks in the Model Based Software.
- Interface to the Test & Validation team to ensure appropriate DVP’s and test coverage.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure:
- Robust API’s to hardware abstraction layers, board support packages etc.
- Suitable operating systems.
- Accurate microcontroller loading estimations.
- Adequate long term memory requirements.
- Complete definition and quantified delivery of performance targets.
- Support generation of Safety Cases and validate systems to meet Functional Safety Goals.
- Support planning activities with manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / EDS / Components / Functional Safety teams / Test & Validation teams.
- Develop and peer review technical reports.
- Design for re-use across multiple models and variants.
- Engage in continual improvement activities to advance departmental procedures, deliver to best practice and improve efficiency within the team. Senior Engineers will be expected to lead continual improvement initiatives.
- To undertake and assist with duties as required by your Manager.