Engineer/Senior – Electrical Distribution Systems (Schematic)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- EDS project responsibility for new bike models and variants.
- Design and development of whole vehicle electrical distribution systems using Vesys 2.0 Design and Harness and release using PLM Systems.
- Interpreting technical drawings and specifications of a wide variety of electrical / electronic components while defining EDS designs.
- Justification of design decisions with released documentation for harness electrical hardware architecture, relays, fuses, wire sizes etc.
- Advising the mechanical (chassis) engineering team on the physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the vehicle. Transferring this information into Vesys 2.0 2D harness layout drawings and synchronising with circuit designs.
- Tracking of project electrical issues, risks, actions and interfacing directly with the project managers, manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / systems teams.
- Maintaining timing plan of electrical team deliverables against overall project stage-gates.
- Chairing internal electrical team meetings reviewing status of assigned projects.
- Design for EMC and provide support for pre-compliance vehicle level testing.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and harnesses.
- Coordination and reporting of vehicle level signoff testing and generating test reports for approval.
- Continual improvement to advance supplier relations, design procedures, advise best practice and improve quality and efficiency.
- Inspection/confirmation of wire harnesses to drawing and supporting on-bike routing assessment sessions to improve the harness fitment at later prototype stages.
- Closely support prototype and production build phases to ensure electrical issues are identified and resolved promptly.
- Reviewing technical service manual documentation relating to the vehicle electrical system.