Engineer/Senior Engineer – Functional Safety
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
The Functional Safety Senior / Engineer role is responsible for development of safe systems from early concept to complete system design for production programs. You will work closely with the MBSE team, vehicle teams, suppliers, production, and service to ensure Functional Safety Lifecycle is met. Senior Engineers are expected to have significantly more experience, be capable of mentoring engineers, chair work product reviews meetings within the Company, peer review & sign off work products etc. and in some instances, as required deputise for the Lead Engineer -FuSa.
- Interface with cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-Model:
- Process development
- Concept design
- System Design
- Agreement and maintenance of DIA’s with worldwide suppliers
- Technical publications and our dealer / service network
- Application areas include but are not limited to engine management systems, chassis systems such as ABS, electronic suspension & body control modules, autonomous riding systems & cyber security.
- Promote Functional Safety across the Business.
- Deliver Function Safety work products on projects, including:
- Item Definitions.
- Functional Safety Concept (including Safety Analyses & System Architectural Designs).
- Impact Analyses.
- Development Interface Agreements.
- Safety Cases.
- Develop and follow best practice working procedures to support functional safety activities.
- Support and propose developments to the Functional Safety lifecycle.
- Support Verification and Confirmation reviews with suppliers and internal reviews.
- Report project progress and timing to the Vehicle Leads.
- Communicate technical issues with the Lead Engineer – Functional Safety.
- Present status to component / project meetings and report on all actions.
- Introduce and advocate Functional Safety best practice to other Engineers.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.