Engineer/Senior Engineer – (Modelling & Simulation) – Model Based Control Software
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of modelling environments (plant models and simulation) for use in electric powertrain, chassis, suspension, HMI etc.
- Creation of and ensuring adherence to Triumph modelling guidelines and best practice.
- Development of processes to support the use of simulation and modelling on production programmes.
- Use of modelling and simulation to explore the problem space and identify creative solutions to systems control.
- Review software requirements, implement and verify supporting models.
- Review logical architectures, system requirements from the MBSE team, FuSa requirements from the Functional Safety Team provide simulation support to align with the needs of the programme.
- Peer review software architectures and software solutions.
- Maintain traceability of model content in our MBSE Tools.
- Interface to the Test & Validation Team to ensure appropriate DVP’s and test coverage.
- Support integration of models in to rig environments, provide ongoing maintenance and model integration.
- Validate robustness of algorithms and solutions and create and carry out validation test work as required.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure:
- Any supplied models are specified correctly as per needs to integrate into Triumph environments.
- Integration of models into Triumph’s environments.
- Timely resolution of defects and model integration issues.
- Support downstream development for implementation of models and algorithms into production software.
- Support Controls engineers with development of control logic for use on bike.
- Support generation of Safety Cases and validate systems to meet Functional Safety goals.
- Support planning activities with manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / EDS / Components / Functional Safety teams / Test & Validation teams.
- Develop and peer review technical reports.
- Design for re-use across multiple models and variants.
- Engage in continual improvement activities to advance departmental procedures, deliver to best practice and improve efficiency within the team. Senior Engineers will be expected to lead continual improvement initiatives.
- To undertake and assist with duties as required by your Manager.
All Engineers will be expected to deliver a subset of the below, however Senior Engineers will be required to demonstrate all at a high level:
- Prepare effective presentations to communicate technical information to non-technical
- Define and improve cost, quality and feature performance targets.
- Review designs to find new opportunities for cost and/or quality improvements.
- Maintain model development timing plan and support component workbook meetings.
- Present status to component / project meetings and report on all actions.
- Introduce and advocate MBCS Engineering best practice to more junior engineers.
- Demonstrate proof of concept to Product Owners for approval.