Function Lead – Electrical
Do you think electric vehicles are going to take over the world?
If your answer is yes to the above question, then skip the next few lines as you and I both know it already of interest! If your answer is no… well if I’m honest I don’t agree. Now let me tell you why…
About 17,000 electric vehicles were on the roads in 2010 as stated by IEA (International Energy Agency). By 2019, that number had ballooned to 7.2 million! That’s a whopping 425% increase in the last 9 years… roughly around 50% each year!
As you can see from the figures provided by IEA, Electric vehicle sales have continued to grow and grow year after year, with more and more electric vehicles on the road each day, whether it be an electric supercar, superbike or even an electric bus. If you still believe electric vehicles will not consume the world in the future, then please feel free apply to prove me otherwise!
When looking into a new opportunity (especially in the current circumstances) I’m sure you are looking to find something that is both reliable and secure. With all this being said I know you would rather a role with some exciting work rather than sit in a role which is secure but is like watching paint dry….
I truly believe that this role is the best of both worlds, as you would be working for a well-established company who have been running since the early 80’s but also you would be joining the company as
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of a team of electrical integration engineers across all vertical project lines.
- Appraisals, training, and development of electrical integration engineers. Manage holiday and personnel related tasks.
- Accountable for the deployment of Electrical systems onto a range of motorcycles.
- Responsible for delivering Electrical systems onto to the whole vehicle project(s) to the time, cost, quality and specification in line with the NMIP process and KPI’s.
- Reporting on Red / Amber / Green status for project stage-gates.
- Define and shape the design processes and procedures to robustly control the delivery of Electrical systems for a range of motorcycles.
- Support the Vehicle Lead in being the product Champion for the range of models they have responsibility for, by immersing themselves in the product and then driving this enthusiasm in others. Through collaboration with Product planning you will ensure the customer is centric to everything that we do.
- Support communication and collaboration across the entire supply/value chain to maximise team working and effectiveness.
- Deliver to the key KPI’s asked of the role that will be driven from Cost, Time, Quality and Specification targets.
- Budget planning and tracking spend for vehicle level electrical testing.
- Build planning (including Electrical bikes / Lab bikes if applicable). Determining new/update plans at each build.
- Arranging vehicle level testing with 3rd parties e.g. supplier validation, EMC, Thatcham.
- Drawing package release planning, ensuring technical and resource alignment with EES/specialist teams (SP01, SP02).
- Managing the interface between horizontal T/Ls and Vertical teams within the electrical specialism.
- Approval of 2D harness drawings and vehicle specific circuit schematics alongside technical experts.
- Approval of ECU Calibration files and End-of-line/workshop calibration tool database files generated by integration engineers to suit model specification / feature list.
- Sign off of Approval-to-run / approval-to-despatch forms for vehicle maturity and relevant build stages.
- Verification of electrical content of EBOM inline with model specification.
- Sign off and track Design Changes (DC’s) for vehicle electrical component drawings, ensuring designs are compliant vehicle specification / requirements.
- Coordination and signoff of Vehicle level Test Approvals at each stage-gate.