Do you think electric vehicles are going to take over the world?
If your answer is yes to the above question, then skip the next few lines as you and I both know it already of interest! If your answer is no… well if I’m honest I don’t agree. Now let me tell you why…
About 17,000 electric vehicles were on the roads in 2010 as stated by IEA (International Energy Agency). By 2019, that number had ballooned to 7.2 million! That’s a whopping 425% increase in the last 9 years… roughly around 50% each year!
As you can see from the figures provided by IEA, Electric vehicle sales have continued to grow and grow year after year, with more and more electric vehicles on the road each day, whether it be an electric supercar, superbike or even an electric bus. If you still believe electric vehicles will not consume the world in the future, then please feel free apply to prove me otherwise!
When looking into a new opportunity (especially in the current circumstances) I’m sure you are looking to find something that is both reliable and secure. With all this being said I know you would rather a role with some exciting work rather than sit in a role which is secure but is like watching paint dry….
I truly believe that this role is the best of both worlds, as you would be working for a well-established company who have been running since the early 80’s but also you would be joining the company as they are going into an exciting new venture in terms of exploring electric vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and install new electrical circuits.
- Install new compressed air and water pipework.
- Portable appliance testing.
- Minor maintenance works.
- Installation of mechanical infrastructure and containment.
- Installation of electrical cabling.
- Complete final connections and initial inspection and certification for machinery.
- Compliance auditing such as emergency lighting checks, Portable Appliance Testing and Electrical Installation Condition Reports.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.