Team Leader – Electrical Electronic Components
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Electrical Electronic Components Team to deliver components and control modules for use in chassis, powertrain, RESS, electric drivelines, suspension systems, HMI’s, keyless, ARAS etc.
- Manage day to day tasks of a team of Engineers, complete development appraisals for the Team and manage holiday / personnel related tasks
- Specify, influence, verify and validate simple components to full electronic control modules to meet all higher-level system and safety requirements, environmental standards (thermal, ingress and vibration etc.), EMC regulations and legal requirements etc.
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, module development lifecycles, best practice, efficiency improvements, MBSE tool requirements etc.
- Identify and resolve application problems / project risks at component and motorcycle level.
- Define and meet quality / cost targets and manage delivery to support our New Model Introduction Process.
- Oversee hardware requirements and provide support to FuSa (e.g. diagnostic coverage and safety case generation), systems, software/ modelling teams.
- Disseminate specialist knowledge including current best practice and emerging technological advances into appropriate working groups / departments.
- Oversee FTA and FMEA generation / review.
- Develop hardware and full motorcycle module architectures to maximise commonality and reuse of components / modules and actively control variants by utilising MBSE tools.
- Ensure software drops, calibration / configuration files and appropriate hardware platforms are synchronised for test and validation and where necessary support bike builds alongside vehicle centric integration engineers
- Advise suppliers on suitability of sub-components in new designs, changes to current designs, component development / updates.
- Generate, review, improve, guide and approve design decision sheets, schematics, specifications, procedures and tests requirements.