Temporary Engineer – Test and Validation (FTC)
Do you think electric vehicles are going to take over the world?
If your answer is yes to the above question, then skip the next few lines as you and I both know it already of interest! If your answer is no… well if I’m honest I don’t agree. Now let me tell you why…
About 17,000 electric vehicles were on the roads in 2010 as stated by IEA (International Energy Agency). By 2019, that number had ballooned to 7.2 million! That’s a whopping 425% increase in the last 9 years… roughly around 50% each year!
As you can see from the figures provided by IEA, Electric vehicle sales have continued to grow and grow year after year, with more and more electric vehicles on the road each day, whether it be an electric supercar, superbike or even an electric bus. If you still believe electric vehicles will not consume the world in the future, then please feel free apply to prove me otherwise!
When looking into a new opportunity (especially in the current circumstances) I’m sure you are looking to find something that is both reliable and secure. With all this being said I know you would rather a role with some exciting work rather than sit in a role which is secure but is like watching paint dry….
I truly believe that this role is the best of both worlds, as you would be working for a well-established company who have been running since the early 80’s but also you would be joining the company as they are going into an exciting new venture in terms of exploring electric vehicles.
- Create test plans for control systems and instruments (HMI).
- Create and modify automated test scripts in VTestStudio / CANOE environment.
- Create test specifications and test cases for motorcycle electrical components and systems (E.g. Suspension control, Chassis control, Lighting, Instruments, Connectivity, Keyless systems, ARAS systems etc)
- Run manual and automated black box tests, and collate & analyse the results.
- Execute manual system level tests (E.g. Bluetooth connectivity systems testing)
- Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
- Analysis of HIL test data and reports.
- Create technical reports, specifications and drawings etc.
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practices, efficiency improvements and test structures etc.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other duties as required by your Manager.