Electrical Distribution Systems – Contractor
Do you think electric vehicles are going to take over the world?
If your answer is yes to the above question, then skip the next few lines as you and I both know it already of interest! If your answer is no… well if I’m honest I don’t agree. Now let me tell you why…
About 17,000 electric vehicles were on the roads in 2010 as stated by IEA (International Energy Agency). By 2019, that number had ballooned to 7.2 million! That’s a whopping 425% increase in the last 9 years… roughly around 50% each year!
As you can see from the figures provided by IEA, Electric vehicle sales have continued to grow and grow year after year, with more and more electric vehicles on the road each day, whether it be an electric supercar, superbike or even an electric bus. If you still believe electric vehicles will not consume the world in the future, then please feel free apply to prove me otherwise!
When looking into a new opportunity (especially in the current circumstances) I’m sure you are looking to find something that is both reliable and secure. With all this being said I know you would rather a role with some exciting work rather than sit in a role which is secure but is like watching paint dry….
I truly believe that this role is the best of both worlds, as you would be working for a well-established company who have been running since the early 80’s but also you would be joining the company as they are going into an exciting new venture in terms of exploring electric vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- EDS project responsibility for new bike models and variants.
- Design and development of whole vehicle electrical distribution systems using Vesys 2.0 Design and Harness and release using PLM Systems.
- Interpreting technical drawings and specifications of a wide variety of electrical / electronic components while defining EDS designs.
- Justification of design decisions with released documentation for harness electrical hardware architecture, relays, fuses, wire sizes etc.
- Advising the mechanical (chassis) engineering team on the physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the vehicle. Transferring this information into Vesys 2.0 2D harness layout drawings and synchronising with circuit designs.
- Tracking of project electrical issues, risks, actions and interfacing directly with the project managers, manufacturing departments and chassis / powertrain / systems teams.
- Maintaining timing plan of electrical team deliverables against overall project stage-gates.
- Chairing internal electrical team meetings reviewing status of assigned projects.
- Design for EMC and provide support for pre-compliance vehicle level testing.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and harnesses.
- Coordination and reporting of vehicle level signoff testing and generating test reports for approval.
- Continual improvement to advance supplier relations, design procedures, advise best practice and improve quality and efficiency.
- Inspection/confirmation of wire harnesses to drawing and supporting on-bike routing assessment sessions to improve the harness fitment at later prototype stages.
- Closely support prototype and production build phases to ensure electrical issues are identified and resolved promptly.
- Reviewing technical service manual documentation relating to the vehicle electrical system.