Team Leader – Electrical Electronic Components (Contract)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Electrical Electronic Components Team to deliver components and control modules for use in chassis, powertrain, RESS, electric drivelines, suspension systems, HMI’s, keyless, ARAS etc.
- Manage day to day tasks of a team of Engineers, complete development appraisals for the Team and manage holiday / personnel related tasks
- Specify, influence, verify and validate simple components to full electronic control modules to meet all higher-level system and safety requirements, environmental standards (thermal, ingress and vibration etc.), EMC regulations and legal requirements etc.
Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, module development lifecycles, best practice, efficiency improvements, MBSE tool requirements etc.
- Identify and resolve application problems / project risks at component and motorcycle level.
- Define and meet quality / cost targets and manage delivery to support our New Model Introduction Process.
- Oversee hardware requirements and provide support to FuSa (e.g. diagnostic coverage and safety case generation), systems, software/ modelling teams.
- Disseminate specialist knowledge including current best practice and emerging technological advances into appropriate working groups / departments.
- Oversee FTA and FMEA generation / review.
- Develop hardware and full motorcycle module architectures to maximise commonality and reuse of components / modules and actively control variants by utilising MBSE tools.
- Ensure software drops, calibration / configuration files and appropriate hardware platforms are synchronised for test and validation and where necessary support bike builds alongside vehicle centric integration engineers
- Advise suppliers on suitability of sub-components in new designs, changes to current designs, component development / updates.
- Generate, review, improve, guide and approve design decision sheets, schematics, specifications, procedures and tests requirements.