Team Leader – Model Based System Engineering (Contract)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
Please see the below responsibilities for a brief overview of the role, if you feel your skillset would be suitable or if you require further information please apply below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Model based Systems Engineering Team to deliver Feature Definition and System Requirements.
- Manage a variety of features used on chassis, powertrain (IC and electric), suspension or HMI systems, leading the team to model and integrate systems at a logical level, capturing logical architecture diagrams and system diagrams of different contexts.
- Manage a team to capture feature definition documentation by eliciting stakeholder needs, capturing stakeholder requirements and defining use cases at high level using UML diagrams.
- Manage day to day tasks of a team of engineers, complete development appraisals for the team and manage holiday / personnel related tasks
- Specify, influence and verify system requirements to meet all higher level stakeholder needs and Functional Safety requirements etc.
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practice, efficiency improvements, MBSE tool requirements etc.
- Define and meet quality targets to ensure efficient support to the New Model Introduction Program.
- Oversee decomposition of requirements to component / module owners, software/ modelling teams and suppliers.
- Disseminate specialist knowledge including current best practice relating to Model Based Systems Engineering and emerging technological advances into appropriate working groups / departments.
- Oversee System level FTA and FMEA generation / review.
- Ensure efficient control of variants by utilising MBSE tools.
- Generate, review, improve, guide and approve design decision sheets, specifications, procedures and tests requirements.
- Regular liaison with Product Owners, Project Managers, manufacturing departments, quality, compliance and chassis / powertrain / ECS / EDS / T&V / FuSa teams.
- Work with existing worldwide suppliers and identify potential new suppliers competent to deliver at the system level.
- Deputise for Chief Engineer – EES as required.
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by