Test & Validation Engineer – Contractor
Do you think electric vehicles are going to take over the world?
If your answer is yes to the above question, then skip the next few lines as you and I both know it already of interest! If your answer is no… well if I’m honest I don’t agree. Now let me tell you why…
About 17,000 electric vehicles were on the roads in 2010 as stated by IEA (International Energy Agency). By 2019, that number had ballooned to 7.2 million! That’s a whopping 425% increase in the last 9 years… roughly around 50% each year!
As you can see from the figures provided by IEA, Electric vehicle sales have continued to grow and grow year after year, with more and more electric vehicles on the road each day, whether it be an electric supercar, superbike or even an electric bus. If you still believe electric vehicles will not consume the world in the future, then please feel free apply to prove me otherwise!
When looking into a new opportunity (especially in the current circumstances) I’m sure you are looking to find something that is both reliable and secure. With all this being said I know you would rather a role with some exciting work rather than sit in a role which is secure but is like watching paint dry….
I truly believe that this role is the best of both worlds, as you would be working for a well-established company who have been running since the early 80’s but also you would be joining the company as they are going into an exciting new venture in terms of exploring electric vehicles.
- Create test plans for TE-01 Electric Platform.
- Create test specifications and test cases for motorcycle electrical systems (Vehicle Supervisory controller, Integration with ABS/IMU, HMI) and motorcycle components (Accelerator, Driver Handlebar Interface, pumps, etc…).
- Create test automation using dSPACE tool chain (e.g. Automation desk).
- Align activity with the Control Software release plans.
- Maintain the HIL rig layout and user interface for other users and software developers.
- Execute manual tests and convert them to automated tests.
- Document and track issues found during testing.
- Collect & analyse test results and generate periodic test reports.
- Work within the Project Team (following Agile methodology).
- Continuous improvement to advance design procedures, best practices, efficiency improvements and test structures etc.
- Exposure to functional safety and ISO26262 and willingness to comply with standards and best practises.
- Create technical reports, specifications and drawings etc.
- Define guidelines and create test methodology and best practises.
- Any other duties as required by your Manager.