Control and Electrical Design Engineer
Founded in 2000, this company is now one of Europe’s leading specialists in inspection machines and artificial intelligence vision products – supplying customers all around the world and building an unrivalled reputation for innovation, quality and precision in machine vision systems for inspection, guidance and identification. Their work covers the full range of factory automation processes and procedures including mechanical design, electrical control, machine vision and installation. IVS have a growing user base of blue-chip manufacturers in these markets, with hundreds of systems currently installed around the world.
- Design and specify control systems and electrical components for industrial automation systems.
- Create electrical schematics and designs within AutoCAD Electrical including layout diagrams, terminal and wiring plans to EU Standards.
- PLC and controls programming of industrial automation systems.
- Create technical specifications, process flow diagrams and plan control system programming architecture.
- Work with the Design and Applications Engineering engineers to provide drawings, specifications and deliver projects on time.
- Co-ordinate suppliers as part of overall project control.
- Help as required for the electrical fitting, wiring of panels and assembly of machine builds.
- Carry out electrical testing procedures on new machine builds.
- Supporting electrical problem-solving during manufacturing build process.
- Understand and deploy all machine vision hardware and software used in IVS systems.
- Integrate and Commission new systems in support of IVS Engineers at customer site within the UK and overseas.
- Maintain, develop and support existing control systems at customer site within the UK and overseas.
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in electrical design and PLC/HMI programming.
- HND/C or BEng in a relevant engineering or technical subject.
- Experience of planning, developing, programming and testing control systems with PLC automation software on projects from start to finish.
- Experience using Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs, HMIs and control gear.
- Experience and knowledge of designing and creating electrical panel layouts within electrical CAD software.
- Sound understanding of electrical control gear, industrial automation and implementation of communication protocols (Profinet/Profibus, EtherNet/IP, TCP/IP, serial, OPC, IO-link, etc.)
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- Well organised, ability to work to deadlines and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to overcome obstacles to get the job done – can do attitude.
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Clean and full UK driving licence.
- Experience using Allen Bradley motion control.
- Experience using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Experience of robotics (SCARA, 6-axis, collaborative, Universal Robots).
- Experience of machine vision and vision system technology integration.