Lead Composite Engineer
Lead Composite / Body Engineer
- Reporting to the Chief engineer and delivering where required into the programme manager.
- Leading a team of composite engineers regarding full composite engineering delivery (Final surface release – underway to DFM engineering release).
- Key stakeholder for Design Review Process and Virtual Build
- Structural and non-structural components – ply definition, insert, core locations.
- Full composite chassis, crash structures and bodywork.
- Working in collaboration with an internal CAE resource.
- Engagement with supply base regarding DFM.
- Accountability for cost, weight and timely engineering release.
- Resource management.
- Internal/external stakeholder management and reporting.
- Definition of departmental requirements in collaboration with programme team.
- CATIA V5 programme utilising Smart team PLM.
- Experience with Additive manufacturing and mechanical structures an advantage.
- Team leader.
- Excellent communicator.