Key Responsibilities: –
- Using demand data to raise necessary purchase orders to support direct production and aftermarket, focusing, but not exclusively on Leather, Plastic and Exhaust product commodities.
- Ensuring that material ordered are delivered on time and in full, and to the correct quality standards.
- To ensure communication to suppliers is of a consistently high standard.
- Managing Supplier performance
- Analysing inventory and controlling stock levels
- Performing Cost-down activities
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve purchasing procedures and increase efficiency.
- To resolve discrepancy and invoice queries in line with your area of responsibility.
- Ensure all Kpi’s are reported and updated in accordance with requirements.
Skills and Experience: –
- Must have previous experience of international sourcing and buying for manufactured products.
- A strong understanding and experience with MRP / ERP, ideally Epicor.
- Ability to cope within a fast-paced SME.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of engineering would be ideal.
- A cips qualification or working / willingness to work towards would be beneficial.
- Must be computer literate, communicate accurately and effectively.