Process Control & Automation Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Engineer (Process Control & Automation). Within the role, you will support the Area Engineering Manager with the coordination of the area’s engineering activities and implementation of appropriate engineering standards to drive continuously improving manufacturing performance, to deliver the Annual Plan.
You will ensure the effective management of Manufacturing IT systems, automation and specialist electronic systems compliant with industry standard.
Within the role, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure the Safety, Health & Welfare of staff and care for the environment.
- Carry out Automation systems improvements to improve safety, availability and product quality.
- Driving continuous improvement through development of new Automation systems and replacement of obsolete systems
- Ensure that all systems, procedures and documentation are kept up to date.
- Assisting works areas in investigations, including failure identification and root cause investigations. Preparing reports, to support both the resolution of problems and engineering improvements.
- Sharing of knowledge amongst team members to ensure skill levels are raised
- A sound knowledge of process control and experience of developing and supporting SCADA systems (iFix), Data loggers, PLC systems (eg GEM80, Allen Bradley, Siemens & Eurotherm Systems).
- Capable in understanding of electrical and P&ID drawings
- Sound knowledge of Process Safety, Health and Safety requirements, Safe Working Practices and Permit systems would be an advantage.
For this role, you will benefit from:
- 35 days holidays per annum
- Annual Pay Review
- Annual Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
- Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
- One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)