To deliver the quality aspect and support other function groups with the development and approval of new programmes, predominantly for the supercar and luxury automotive markets. By applying engineering principals throughout the product realisation and programme introduction phase, you will be instrumental in ensuring a production process that has a high quality output utilising recognised techniques such as Poka-Yoke and Lean methodologies. Collaborate with other function groups to drive continuous improvement throughout the business. Deputise for the quality manager as required. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to delivering engineering excellence and world class solutions to industry leading customers.
- Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings.
- Support front end project and DFM reviews to ensure feasibility and quality directives are achievable
- Coordinate PFMEA reviews and generate the necessary Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Interpret and apply industry relevant standards as required
- Liaise with customers to gain approval of PPAP, PSW
- Co-ordinating measurement activity of product to present to customer such as, ISIR, Capability Studies and MSA.
- Supporting pre-production trials and builds to ensure a production process with a high quality output
- Coordinating 8D investigations using problem solving tools
- Work cross-functionally with other areas of the business, at all levels
- Interfacing with customer on quality issues, measurement reports and concessions.
- QMS interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management, audit etc.)
- Generate and report quality performance metrics
- Day to day quality support for all projects (overall product verification)
- Lead quality improvement programmes
- Be a quality point of contact for certain customers
- Help to drive continuous improvement
- Assist in departmental management in the absence of management
- Involvement as required in 3rd party audits
- Customer visits (as required)
- Create and maintain quality documentation and records relevant to project, customer and business requirements
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working within the automotive or equivalent regulated industry (e.g. Aerospace)
- Good knowledge of AIAG Core Tools
- Technical understanding of GD&T principals
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Recognised engineering qualification or relevant experience
- Excellent time management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer literacy, in particular all MS Office programs
- Knowledge of Plastic materials, injection moulding, assembly or paint processes
- Interaction with MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
- Experience of new project introductions.
- Product and Process Auditing experience (ISO, AS or IATF).
- Lean/6 sigma methodology
- CQI Level 3 quality management certificate or above
- Experience using CAD software