As a Product Designer, specialising in product made via Additive Manufacturing, you will:
- Design impact protection gear, for sports, manual labour, and other markets, that are suited to additive manufacturing technologies.
- Develop bespoke additive manufacturing equipment to optimise the performance and production metrics of each product.
- Design products by conducting literature and market reviews, gaining a thorough understanding of the problems, and using data-driven design methods to result in robust solutions.
- Manage projects from problem / opportunity identification, through to delivery of proof-of-concept.
- Identify boundaries of novel additive manufacturing technologies and develop design rules for selected materials and processes for other team members to optimise.
- Communicate project findings / conclusions to other team members and management.
- Designing impact protection gear suited to additive manufacturing technologies.
- Modifying / designing additive manufacturing hardware / processes.
- Creating physical proof of concept manufactured similarly to the intended mass manufacturing approach.
- Using data-driven design methods to develop robust solutions.
- Researching state-of-the-art technologies.
- Researching novel product innovation opportunities.
- Leading projects.
- Communicating project results to various audiences.
- Product design skills
- Research skills
- Advanced Computer-aided design skills
- Data-driven design skills
- Project management skills
- Creative thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Design for additive manufacturing knowledge
- Additive manufacturing knowledge
- Sports biomechanics knowledge
- Our holiday allowance is 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- We give two additional days at Christmas, your birthday off and we also honour any religious holiday that you celebrate
- Generous Family Friendly policies
- Free phone case + Family & Friends Discount