The primary function of the role is to take ownership of specific projects and to liaise with our clients. You will be responsible for providing best engineering practices to ensure timely delivery of these projects.
- Lead projects from kick-off to completion. Creation and maintenance of key project documents e.g., Gantt, RASIC, Risk Register, etc.
- Define project target timelines, communicate, monitor these and report progress to Functional Managers and Senior Management Group.
- Reporting on project status. Managing project risks with relevant teams and report accordingly.
- Updating of resource planner for each project and negotiating resource allocation with competing programmes.
- Continuous tracking of project financials and BOM costs.
- Management of the project issues tracker, assigning issues and due dates.
- Utilisation of SAP to monitor component purchase and order delivery status.
- Ensure successful delivery experiences and lessons learnt are recorded for future activities.
- Chair both internal and external weekly project meetings, and dissemination resulting actions.
- Consolidating and presenting APC UK quarterly reports including finances.
- Work with other project managers and assist in building excellence within the companies project management team.
Skills, Experience and Character:
- Proven engineering Project Management ability in a demanding environment.
- Engineering degree.
- MS Project management tools.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Lead and manage members of the project team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- A passion for Electric Vehicle Powertrain technologies.
- Able to work in the UK