The Project Manager will be responsible for time, cost, and quality on discreet projects relating to the Recuperated Split Cycle Engine and its associated sub systems. In conjunction with the Technical Project Lead, the Project Manager will work cross functionally with design engineers, system engineers, subcontractors, operations, universities and suppliers in the planning, development, evaluation and implementation of complex designs and projects to achieve the desired goals/ objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of internal customer and grant funded project(s).
- Reviews high-level deliverables within the project(s) through staged gateways
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects(s).
- Ensures cost, quality and delivery project targets are met
- Planning and Utilising best practice tools such as OBS, WBS, PMP and RASIC.
- Creating strong organisation relationships and clarify on individual responsibilities within the project delivery environment
- Complying with company policies, procedures, and regulatory standards
- To actively promote continuous improvement on processes, practices, and tools.
- Ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all project(s) under his/ her direction using the current business tools
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, preferably in a business or engineering subject
- 3+ years post degree work experience in a project management role
- Experience of delivering EU/ UK Grant funded programmes
- Proficient in MS Project and MSOffice
- Professional accreditation: Agile and/ or Prince2 certified
- Solve problems, prioritise, take a proactive hands-on approach
- Energetic and enthusiastic, a proactive self-starter
- Has worked in an SME environment requiring hands on resolution of issues and an ability to work co-operatively and cross functionally to achieve business objectives